Wednesday 25 November 2009

One year ago.....

...Dengue Fever concert at Real World!!!



































 



 B&W blog


I have the touch

(From the old Real World Remixed Forums)

Los De Abajo, Afro Celt Sound System Remix, Temple Of Sound with Rizwan-Muazzam Qawwali and Peter Gabriel Packs To Download and Remix Jump To Menu <#menu> | Content <#content_body> | Login <#login_jump> * Home * News * Competition * Download * Upload * Hot Picks * Latest * Top Twenty * Search * Forums * Help I have the touch Skip To Page - 1 2 Order By Date ? Back to Thread List "Dear winner, Congratulations on winning a pair of tickets to see Dengue Fever perform live at Peter Gabriel's studios on Tuesday 25th November." I discovered an e-mail starting in this way was in my spam folder at the end of last week. I was stunned. I'd always wanted to visit Real World Studios, so in a few time I decided to go. The evening before to leave, I received an invite from B&W saying that Dengue Fever will be introduced by Peter Gabriel. I was very happy! I left soon on tuesday morning, and in the late afternoon I was at Real World. There were some refreshments in the Wooden Room. In that occasion I talked with two people from the Web Team, and I wish to say that they are really nice people. We talked about RWR, after this conversation I understood that most problems in RWR managing are due to the fact that there are too many Real World websites to manage with respect to too few people. I hope that in the future that will be a change in this sense. Anyway, it seems that soon there will be something new to remix. Dengue Fever concert was in the Big Room. I have imagined it bigger before. The concert was great, I liked a lot their music. A part from Tiger Phone Card, the only song I knew before, I remember they played Mr. Orange and Sober Driver, this one I liked a lot. Voices of both singers were great. But maybe at this point you can imagine that to me Dengue Fever music was only a fantastic soundtrack for a meeting that I was waiting from so many years: yes, Peter did a little introduction to the band and he stayed there during all the concert, so I had the occasion to have a word with him. My first though was for this site, that I love so much. I asked to him if he listens to our stuff, and he said: "Yes, sometimes". I was very happy to talk for a very brief time with him, to me it was a dream come true. I wouldn't be what I am without listening to Peter's music. Now I wish to say that in my opinion many people went away from RWR because of too many expectatives disappointed. But I think that sometimes personal dissatisfactions conduct us to expect too much. I think this place should have to be taken for what it is: a place to upload remixes. And which used to host such a fantastic community. RWR taught me something new and I can say that my journey on RWR went parallel with a personal growth. To me no goal could be greater. :-) Posted by Tethia on 2008-11-30 14:25:34 | 167 Posts Tethia, Thanks for sharing. You were very lucky to have discovered that e-mail in the spam folder, too. What an very well rounded musical experience you have had. And so fortunate to be close to the concert location. ( Unlike me here in the middle of the North American continent!) I think to have experienced hearing the music live after remixing is a little like seeing the movie after having read the book sort of :-) Not really though because hearing the actual is the best of course! So happy for you that you enjoyed the day. Now after such an enlightening musical experience you will probably have some new remix music ideas to share. In the depths of the subconscious lies some new musical ideas perhaps? Looking forward to hearing new works from you and (everyone else of course). :-) Posted by Susy1214 on 2008-12-01 02:36:09 | 188 Posts My darlin Tethia, It does my ol heart (which is really no more now than a lump of coal) good to know you've had this wonderful experience. I am so happy for you. I hope it will be a memory you will cherish forever. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. That shows how good a "human bein" you really are. Even tho I'm just an old curmudgeon with a pruny old heart I still can revel in the joy of those who are truly deserving of what little happiness they might receive in this ratty assed ol world. And you, dear Tethia, are worthy of this and much much more. I'm glad also that ol Pete was on his best behaviour and didn't bore ya for hours on end with his own imagined magnificense or be poon houndin ya all night long. He really can be a decent chap ifn he thinks you can't do nothin for him. But, again, I'm awful glad you had the experience and now know that it's there for you, in your heart, whenever you need it. Yor ol pal, DR Posted by Doghouse Riley on 2008-12-01 04:32:13 | 366 Posts Yeah, thanks for sharing that day Tethia! Your opinions about RWR are very interesting. Maybe that competitions are at some point kind of knife having two sharp edges., gives excitement but may leads to disappointment for various reasons. Best, c Posted by Cremonensis on 2008-12-01 17:26:38 | 13 Posts Great News!! :-) :-) :-) Thanks Tethia for sharing with us this fantastic experience! Waiting the next competition. . . :-) :-) :-) :-) Posted by Wildnoise on 2008-12-01 18:28:26 | 118 Posts I never go to the forum. This gave me a reason to come more often. The way you've described this great moment you spent is a gift for us ( simples mortels ). I wish I could go there and prepare some french cuisine in listening to some new musical stuff ! Thanks for sharing Tethia ! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Posted by Youyou on 2008-12-02 08:04:34 | 2 Posts Thank you everybody for your words. :-) It would be great to have you all together, in flesh and blood, in a real room one day :-] I wish your dreams come true_______ at least some, every now and then! :-] Posted by Tethia on 2008-12-02 12:04:52 | 167 Posts Thanks for the interesting report Tethia! And as someone said: success is a journey, not a destination. :-) p Posted by Pegasus on 2008-12-02 20:28:33 | 22 Posts Congrats on winning that prize Tethia and thanks for giving the follow up report--sounds like you had fun! Posted by Audiotechnica on 2008-12-02 21:07:23 | 53 Posts Thanks! Thanks! There is also a blog on the event in B&W site if you're interested :-) http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/2008/12/exclusive-live-dengue-fever-event.html Posted by Tethia on 2008-12-02 23:27:47 | 167 Posts Skip To Page - 1 2 Add A Reply Your Reply : Click to add : :-):-(X-{:-]:O=:-x Real World Records Welcome Back! You are logged in as *tethia* Your Remixer Page Your Private Messages Edit your login details Real World Records Report A Bug / Suggest A Feature Back To Top <#top> © 2006 Real World Records Ltd | Terms & Conditions | Logged In As tethia Los De Abajo, Afro Celt Sound System Remix, Temple Of Sound with Rizwan-Muazzam Qawwali and Peter Gabriel Packs To Download and Remix Jump To Menu <#menu> | Content <#content_body> | Login <#login_jump> * Home * News * Competition * Download * Upload * Hot Picks * Latest * Top Twenty * Search * Forums * Help I have the touch Skip To Page - 1 2 Order By Date ? Back to Thread List Should've asked 'im when 'e's gonna upload a remix, or better still, when's 'e's gonna come to da forum and kick some mutt, er butt. I was gonna mention not to forget to cancel your sub, but I see you's a fully fledged member, well, now that you've gained superstardom, don't you go forgetting all your poor relations over here, who cain't afford to join them fancy places. I doff me cap to RW's marketing boys S-1234 bought a Big Blu Orb and you your bad self is signed up, if'n a few more of us cough up perhaps ol' young Pete'll be able to replace Steph. G and get dis juggernaut back on track eh, anyhoo, wiv you at da helm, me mangy mongrel en'ertaining da troops while I hold da fort, I'm sure we can steer dis jolly ol' vessel onto the rocks. And don't go lissenin' to dat smoove talking, gin soaked, mutt, 'e's been sniffin' round da bitches ever since 'e was knee high to a, er, well, knee I suppose, there's only one t'ing on 'is mind, were as me, well, agin, me brains in me pants. :-] Posted by L-D on 2008-12-03 13:08:46 | 258 Posts ________I have forgotten to say "Thank you" to Doghouse for writing in English!!! :-] Posted by Tethia on 2008-12-04 22:18:29 | 167 Posts Thanks for sharing your experience Tethia and i'm with DR on this one: very very well deserved and while reading it i was thinking what shining star you are here at RWR. In fatti anche piu di PG. :-) :-x Posted by HaveMercy on 2008-12-09 14:05:03 | 206 Posts Skip To Page - 1 2 Add A Reply Your Reply : Click to add : :-):-(X-{:-]:O=:-x Real World Records Welcome Back! You are logged in as *tethia* Your Remixer Page Your Private Messages Edit your login details Real World Records Report A Bug / Suggest A Feature Back To Top <#top> © 2006 Real World Records Ltd | Terms & Conditions | Logged In As tethia



Win tickets...


Da real deal

3 comments:

  1. Time flies...

    I do remember well how fascinated I was that "one of us" got the opportunity to go to the center of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a mistake: Another year gone??

    Oh shit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mistakes....
    but that beautiful memory stays with me!

    ReplyDelete